Sunday, July 29, 2012

Test of Love: a Poem of Faith.

Test Of Love A Poem of Faith.


Midnight rain softly falling
Dances in night ink puddles.
How often we stand lonely
Beneath a lamp post
Watching the rain sparkle
Though cold falling light;
While In soggy cold shoes
As we wait for the blue dawn.
Will this test win St. James' crown;
"When he has stood the test,
He will receive the crown of life?*

We walk away from the hour
Like a pilot after a bad landing,
Having escaped from heaven.
Who thinks of heaven at midnight,
Or what midnight's test proves?
When was it that Job said,
"Though he slay me
Yet will I love him."**
Was it zenith noon, post meridian
Or a starless midnight?
It was at an hour outside history
Watched by eternity.
Not for the crown but for love
Endure the midnight rain
For the waiting dawn watches.

Adron

*Bible, St.James 1:12,  ** Job 13:15

(c) Adron Dozat

Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my prayer-poem.  
I hope you were inspired by it and that it is a blessing on your day.  
To read another use the search box above or see the left sidebar for my most popular ones. 
Adron.


My poems and prayers are free to print but your small gift will help keep this project going.
Use the buttons below to share this with others. Thank you.