These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Monday, July 30, 2012

May God's Will Be Done, A Prayer for August 9

May God's Will Be Done, A Prayer for August 8



Almighty God and most merciful Father,
I start today conscious of my weakness,
And look to Your supreme and sovereign power.
Thank you that You've given me another day,
I believe You know and plan all my moments.
For all Your care and protection I praise You;
Watch over me in the light and the shadow,
For the day and night are both alike to you.
I surrender my will to Your perfect will.
Prepare me for the mission You have for me,
And make me fit for greater acts of service.
May I not fail to fill Your plans for me;
If I do- gently correct and restore me.
If disappointments, sorrows or grief should come
Give me sustaining grace to bear those burdens,
And to learn the lessons they are sent to teach.
Make me faithful in every duty You bring;
And true to Your claim for my obedience.
Make me respond to every righteous calling,
Be it to God or to any around me.
Bring darkness and sunshine alike as You will,
May they build and ennoble my character.
Let me serve You today as an heir of life;
And be more like Christ who for us became poor,
That by his poverty he might make us rich.*
In the name of him whose blood saves- Jesus Christ.


*2 Corinthians 8:9


In this poem/prayer I reflect on how God has a plan for our lives but also a plan for each day. The plan of God has many purposes in our lives; part is to grow his kingdom, and part of it is to grow us to be more like Jesus. God's plan may not always be easy and it may be hard to understand but since God is good his plan for us is good even if it doesn't seem like it at the time.

(c) Adron Dozat