Monday, August 11, 2014

The Prayer To Be True. A Prayer For September 21

Daily Prayer
September 21
This is written by a poet of faith and may be used as a guided prayer, I suggest you read this a few times and then pray it in your own words after you are comfortable with the words and thoughts of the prayer/ poem.

You may print a copy or bookmark this page so you can come back to it and reflect on it during the day.


* * * * *


The Prayer To Be True
September 21

You are my Heavenly Father and my God.
I now come humbly bringing You my heart.
You know my innermost feelings and my thoughts,
You know my affections, passions, and my loves,
You see what desires linger in my soul.
Free me from vanity's practice of wrong thought.
Where I have deceived myself that I'm good.
Keep me from divided interest in my life.
Where I act different- hiding the true me;
So friends' won't discover weakness in my faith.
But there is another person I would be-
One full of compassion, kindness, and true grace,
Who lives out understanding, mercy and shows peace.
May I be sincerely honest, kind, and good;
Help me be genuine before those I know.
Help me to consecrate myself to my Lord
That I may realize Jesus in my life,
And be an expression showing who he is;
The one who perfectly lived out the true.


"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9.


If you want to learn more about how you can have God in your life see my Gospel Blog.

* * * * *

Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my prayer-poem.  
I hope you were inspired by it and that it is a blessing on your day.  
To read another use the search box above or see the left sidebar for my most popular ones. 

My poems and prayers are free to print but your small gift will help keep this project going.


Use the buttons below to share this with others. Thank you.
(c) Adron Dozat