Saturday, July 28, 2012

Messenger's Call, A Poem, John 1:23

Messenger's Call
A Poem
Messenger's Call


"I am the voice of one
Crying in the wilderness..."*
The Prophet Baptizer said,
Two millennia ago.

He was in the desert
Dry and arid,
Lifeless and empty.

He still speaks today;
Calling from cities,
Pleading from suburbs,
Entreating in towns,
Universities,
Streets and alleys.

The Prophet Baptizer
Would discern our desert
Barely different
From his own;
A wilderness
He would know,
A wasteland of spirit,
Arid of soul,
Empty of heart,
Lifeless of purpose.

His message
To us today
In our private empty-lands
Is the same,
"Make straight the way
Of the Lord."


(c) Adron

*Bible, Gospel of John 1:23


Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my prayer-poem.  
I hope you were inspired by it and that it is a blessing on your day.  
To read another use the search box above or see the left sidebar for my most popular ones. 
Adron.


My poems and prayers are free to print but your small gift will help keep this project going.

Use the buttons below to share this with others. Thank you.