These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Church Secretary, A Poem About Your Own Faith.


This is a short poem with a rhyme about someone who worked in the church and didn't have true faith. I wrote this in 1980 after a conversation I had with a woman who unlocked the church building, so I could go in and clean the carpets for them.  She worked in that church for many years but didn't believe the Gospel.

__________________________



THE CHURCH SECRETARY
A Poem About Your Faith

"I'm a Christian." I said, "and I want it to show,
I want to proclaim it in each word and deed."
"I admire that," She said with a face set low.
"That is nice for you but not part of my creed."

Oh, for her I felt so sad.
Though she worked in the church and she helped the poor
Her works didn't  make her glad'
She ignored Jesus' words, "I am the door."

She's been a member since I was a baby
She has heard it all, what more could I say?
All her good works were just an unsure maybe,
Instead of him who said, "I am the way."


(c) Adron


"I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture." John 10:9.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6.

To learn more about how you can have saving faith follow this link to see my other post.

(c) Adron 6/27/15