These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Prayer For The Spirit to Fill Me, Prayer for February 8

Prayer For The Filling of The Holy Spirit. Prayer for February 8



Oh God, my Father in Heaven
I do not know how to pray,
But your Word says your Spirit abides
To help in our infirmities,
And teach us to pray as we should;
I know he prays on my behalf.*
I surrender myself to you
For I am one who is empty.
Cleanse me of sin by Jesus blood
That your Spirit may work through me;
May he rest on me in power.
Let him enlighten my thoughts,
And fill me with love for You.
May he give comfort in trials
And strengthen me in temptation;
Let him guide me in all your ways,
And to direct my every step.
Let your Spirit guide my worship,
That I may live as a sacrifice;
And as an acceptable offering.


I do not intend these poems to be prayed verbatim. Think of this as a guided meditation and reflect on the thoughts it presents.  When you are comfortable with the ideas and themes then pray to God in your own words. 

A little commentary:
We must be careful not to allow sin in our lives lest it quenches the Spirit. (1 Thessalonians 5:19). The spirit leads us in righteousness so our lives may be of service to God.

To learn more about coming to God follow this link: click here.

(c) Adron

Thank you for stopping and reading my little poem.  If you have a moment please visit the tabs above to learn about my other projects. Thank you.