These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Prayer for Daily Light, A Prayer For February 16

Prayer For Daily Light.
Prayer for February 16



O, Heavenly Father, I thank you
For bringing me before a new day.
As I face its opportunities
I pray for guidance, wisdom, and love.
You draw a shroud over human eyes
To obscure what each day will bring forth,
As I enter the fog of this day
I ask for Your clear light to guide me.
I don't know what evils I shall meet
Or what duties shall require me,
What temptations may stumble me;
Yet I know that with Your divine help
I will stand as victor before all-
But only through Jesus who loves me,
Keep me, as I wander this world.
Be my understanding and comfort.
Give to me Your wisdom for the day.
Help me to put away every sin.
Give me a humble spirit at all times.
Give me Your power to serve others.
May I do good to those who I meet,
And forgive any who offend me.
May I work only for Your kingdom
And hasten the day of its coming.
In Jesus' name, I bring my prayer.


We do not know what a day may bring but we do know we need God's guidance to show us the way. We all have many different challenges but through Jesus, we can overcome them. All our days have a purpose that has been predetermined by God. We know from the Bible that we were made for God's pleasure and glory so our purpose is fulfilled when we are focused on accomplishing things that glorify God, yet even so we still need his help to serve him.

(c) Adron 2/4/12

Thank you for reading my prayer poem. Take a moment and visit the tabs above and see my other projects.