Monday, October 24, 2011

Prayer To Serve God, Prayer for October 28

Daily Prayer
October 28
Prayer to Serve God
A prayer for October 28


Father God of Design and Purpose;
You created man for Your pleasure,
To bring You glory and to serve You.
May I serve You with all of my heart;
And not because I'm obligated,
But because You are gracious and good.
Make my service to You pure and true,
Not tainted by my own agenda.
Serving You is a blessing to me;
In it I find my life's true meaning,
And it is a joy to obey You.
Let me serve You with my every thought,
And with every deed of this one day.
May my service be pleasing to You,
And be a blessing unto others.
If You have for me some great mission
May I do it with awe and reverence;
If my service is in humble chores
May I do them well and cheerfully.
Let my actions show that I love You.
Thank You for the blessing of service.

"Serve the Lord with gladness come into his presence with singing." Psalm 100:2.

Adron

I suggest you read this a few times and pray the various themes in your own words. We are made to obey and serve Go; it is in obedience and serving that we receive his blessing in this life. Serving God will not ingratiate God to us it is just the right thing to do. Our relationship with God is based on our relationship to the Gospel. The Gospel is that God sent his son to take our sins on himself as a sacrifice before God's judgment on our behalf, and offers the gift of salvation to any who will believe and accept Jesus atoning death and resurrection on their behalf. On this basis we are qualified to serve and enjoy God forever

To learn more about how to have a relationship with God follow this link to my other post.

Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my prayer-poem.  
I hope you were inspired by it and that it is a blessing on your day.  
To read another use the search box above or see the left sidebar for my most popular ones. 
Adron.


My poems and prayers are free to print but your small gift will help keep this project going.
Use the buttons below to share this with others. Thank you.

(c) Adron