These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Prayer for March 21 A Prayer For The Power of Forgiveness In Me

Prayer For The Power Of Forgiveness In Me Prayer for March 21



Help me, Father, to draw near as Your child.
Give me a deep desire to seek Your face.
Remove the barriers that keep me from You.
Be merciful and forgive my transgressions.
Cleanse my heart by the power of Your Spirit,
Free me from sin that I may better see You,
And I will rejoice in Your loving mercy,
And bring glory to Your Holy Name.
May I live the truth that I am dead to sin,
And made alive by Christ unto righteousness.
I have been forgiven much, so help me respond
By forgiving those who have wrongs against me.
Your forgiveness frees me to serve others,
And do good by the power of Your Spirit.
Let me be a blessing to those who struggle,
And act as You would- with love toward all men;
Help me keep my eyes on the heavenly goal
Of introducing Your mercy to others.

A little Commentary:  This prayer is full of truths. We all need to be forgiven and we must thereafter become people who forgive. We start with our dependency on God and going right into the need to seek God to become more intimate with him. We must be sensitive to those things that keep us from God, call them sin, or whatever we have to deal with them effectively in order to open the power of forgiveness in our lives. We all need to make confession and accept God's forgiveness. We should be humble before God. We need to be forgiving and have a servant attitude, and to love. Our lives should be holding God's hand in one of ours and reaching out to other people with our other hand.

To learn more about how you may find eternal life and personal forgiveness see my other blog.

 (c)Adron Dozat