Saturday, July 25, 2009

DISHES, A POEM OF THANKFULNESS

Dishes a Poem
This is a short freestyle poem that looks at a time of chores and reflects on another meaning in the chores. It is ultimately a thankful poem. I hope you enjoy it.

You may print a copy, bookmark, or share.

____________________________

Dishes
A poem Of Thankfulness


I will forever wonder, Lord
how a family of six people
can have fifteen dirty dishes
in the sink by four o’clock.
I washed ten earlier today,
and a dozen at breakfast.
So, now here I am once more,
I have to scrape, scrub, and wash
them up all over again.

Forgive my complaining
Lord, I really don’t mean to.
I know I should be thankful.
Because dirty dishes mean
we served food on them today,
when so many others did not.
We have soap and water to wash with
and a clean sink to do it in, when
so many of your children do not.

Lord, forgive me for forgetting
the blessing of dirty dishes.



Published 2006 in the Shepard

____________________________________

Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my prayer-poem. I hope you were inspired by it and that it is a blessing on your day.  See the left sidebar for my most popular ones. 
Adron.

These poems and prayers are free but your small gift through the Pay Now button above will help me to keep this blog going. Thank you.

Use the buttons below to share this with others. Thank you.

(C) Adron Dozat