These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Prayer of Devotion - a prayer for April 28th

A PRAYER OF DEVOTION, Prayer for April 28



Dear God and, Heavenly Father.
You made mankind for Your glory,
Yet we are the objects of Your care.
You are ever thoughtful of me,
More than I could be of myself.
I am conscious of my weakness,
I let temptations conquer me.
And I often live in shadows,
Where I am drawn from doing right.
Show me my heart's own deceptions.
Help me to repent of my sin.
Awaken a longing for You.
And for service unto Your name.
Help me to remember this truth-
Only You satisfy my heart.
May I give God my very best,
And put Your mark in every task.
Lest I steal the praise due to You.
When the path of the day seems hard
Give me Your help to stay faithful.
May I help bring forth Your kingdom,
That all men may know You as Lord.
May Your will be done in my life,
So my life may bring to You Glory.
Through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.


Devotional prayer has become a lost art in our modern age. We do not take the time to reverently dwell on the wonders, beauty, and grace of God. I offer this prayer of dedication and devotion to give you some guidelines to base your own devotional prayer. This devotional prayer is one not of giving words of worship but of giving oneself to God.

 (c)Adron Dozat