These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Prayer for Feb 17 The Prayer of The Everyday Disciple

The Prayer of The Everyday Disciple
Prayer for February 17

Heavenly Father of Creation,
My God who alone saves sinners;
I come before You as Your child,
To bring the sacrifice of praise,
And the worship of thanksgiving.
You alone are my Creator.
Your love is the light of my life.
Your grace is the strength of my heart.
Keep me from forgetting Your love,
And Your righteous claims upon me.
May I welcome my daily task
And do all my work in Your sight.
May I face my troubles boldly,
And bear my burdens joyfully.
Help me to resist temptation,
Especially those in my thoughts
And in my imagination.
Give me resolve to oppose sin,
And fill me with the conviction
That all things work together
For the good for those that love you.*
May I have a heart made mature
By your kind loving discipline.
Prepare me to do any service
To show my love for my Savior.
Fill me with the mind of Jesus.
Awake me, that I may seek first
Your kingdom and Your righteousness.**
May I understand Your good will,
And know that Your best awaits me.
In Jesus, my Lord's name, Amen.


*Romans 8:28. Click this link to read this verse Romans 8:28.
** Matthew 6:23. Click this link to read this verse: Matthew 6:33

(c) Adron2/6/11

Thank you for reading my blog.  Please visit the tabs at the top of this page and learn about my other projects.