These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Prayer for November 13 - The Penitent Disciple

The Penitent Disciple, A Prayer for November 13



All Gracious Lord, my True Father in Heaven,
I bless You for every single day
That my lowly life has highly been lifted
By the knowledge of the Gospel.
Thank You that Jesus opened my eyes to God
And revealed my own sin to me;
Until I cried out for gracious pardon,
And found forgiveness at the cross.
Oh Lord, I have tried to do Your holy will,
But I have failed so many times.
Now I come before you confessing my sins
And find forgiveness by Jesus' blood.
May I give patient thought to my willful self
And my nature to jump into sin,
Grant me the heart to be humble before you;
Help me repent, resolve and renew.
Fill me anew with Your sweet Holy Spirit,
So that I may delight in Your ways,
And enable me in my daily going
To proclaim the Gospel of Christ's love.
May I carry the name of Jesus with me
And not flinch back from doing my part;
To bring forward that day when by Your grace,
All men's hearts are ruled by Christ's love.

(c) Adron 10/13/10