Thursday, June 3, 2010

PRAYER FOR AUGUST 20: PRAYER TO BE CLOSE TO GOD

Daily Prayer
August 20
This prayer for the day is written by the poet of faith and is like a poem but is written as a devotional prayer to God.  Since God is all-present we are close to him in one sense but we need to be close to him in spirit, this pray asks for the closeness of knowing The Lord..


I suggest you read it a few times and then pray it in your own words. You may print a copy or bookmark this so that you can come back.


_____________________________


A Prayer To Be Close To God
Prayer for August 20


My Friend and God in Heaven
I wait at Your feet today;
That I may have Your blessing.
Be so with me each hour.
That I may know Your closeness.
May I hear Your soft whisper,
As Your hand leads me gently.
Give to me Your wise guidance.
That my ways may be righteous-
Let no sin turn You away.
Help me to know Your embrace,
And lift me when I stumble.
Make me a help to many.
Teach me the words of kindness.
May I learn Your heart's passion
So that my heart may conform.
Let Your good will be fulfilled,
For I shall serve Your kingdom,
And bring to Your name glory.




If you want to know more about coming to The Father In Heaven and having an eternal relationship with him visit my other blog, follow this link: click here.


Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my prayer-poem.  I hope you were inspired by it and that it is a blessing on your day.  See the left sidebar for my most popular ones, or use the search box above. 
Adron.

My poems and payers are free to print but your small gift will help keep this project going.

Use the buttons below to share this with others. Thank you.
(c) Adron