These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

May The Spirit Reflect Jesus Through Me. A Prayer for November 5

May Your Spirit reflect Jesus Through Me, A Prayer for November 5



Thank You, God, Your love abounds with gentleness,
You treat me with great mercy and tenderness.
I come here now in prayer with devotion,
Yet I may call You Father, My Sustainer.
My sins are far too many to contemplate,
I would do good yet evil is demanding,
But by sin's lust, I cannot find contentment-
It is in You I truly find fulfillment.
In Christ's blood I claim mercy and forgiveness,
And thank You that Your graces are numberless.
Keep me from things which offend Your abiding.
May Your Word be my deepest sure foundation;
From where I may be able to contemplate
How great is the full measure and dimension
Of Your love which exceeds all conception.
Let the work of Your Spirit give fruitfulness
That I may have the fullness of salvation
And so in all things become his reflection.



Romans 8:38-39. Ephesians 3:18.

The last line is the one the prayer/poem is titled for the rest of the prayer leads up to it and that is the way of the Christian life, we must acknowledge God as the father, confess our sinfulness, ask forgiveness, seek his grace, lean his word and be open to the Spirit. These things are not a formula but are elements of a relationship and our growing in Christ is by growing in that relationship.

(c) Adron 10/15/13