Friday, October 12, 2012

A Prayer of Benediction November 25

Daily Prayer
November 25


A Prayer of Benediction
For the day of November 25

Father, I thank You for Your steady love,
And that Your mercies always surrounds me.
I bless You each day for the joy of living,
And all the good things You've put in my life.
You fill all the world about me with beauty,
You are truly merciful and gracious;
You never treat me as my sins deserve.
I bless You for the riches of your grace
And Your kindness through Christ Jesus my Lord.
You are the sum of my greatest blessing.
How I look to You for benediction.
And the blessings You pronounce over me,
Look upon me with tender compassion,
And take away my many transgressions.
I beseech You as Your humble servant.
Continue to show Your favor to me,
Let Your everlasting arms bear me up.
In you I am safe from sin and sorrow.
Revive me and fill me by Your Spirit.
Help me to follow where Your spirit leads
Teach me to do Your will and not my own,
And lead me in the way everlasting,
I ask in the name of my Lord Jesus.
Amen.



A little commentary: This is a prayer one should pray in their own words. You may copy it or bookmark this page and come back to it during the day. God is our benediction and blessing, all the good in our lives come from him. We are dependent on him for good. It is not selfish or vain to ask God to show his mercy and goodness to us but rather an acknowledgement of our dependence upon him for the good we have.

If you want to know more about finding the goodness of God in your life follow this link:click here.


(c) Adron Dozat

Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my prayer-poem.  
I hope you were inspired by it and that it is a blessing on your day.  
To read another use the search box above or see the left sidebar for my most popular ones. 
Adron.


My poems and prayers are free to print but your small gift will help keep this project going.

Use the buttons below to share this with others. Thank you.