These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Prayer for May 11 A Prayer to be Guided by God's Hand

A PRAYER TO BE GUIDED BY GOD'S HAND, A Prayer For May 11


My Father, You are worthy of all honor and praise,
And I desire to worship You in spirit and in truth;
Guide me to seek You in this quiet hour of prayer.
Your hand guarded me since I first called You Lord,
And beneath its shadow I am protected with care.
Now point my heart to the duties of just this one day.
May Your hand gently guide mine in all that I must do,
And in all that I do lead me to bring You glory.
Lift from my heart anything that may quench Your Spirit,
And may Your Holy Spirit overflow upon me.
Your have measured out to me undeserved blessings.
May my life be a living statement of gratitude.
Come and dwell in my heart as its master forever.
Hold me well lest I fall in temptation and trial,
And may Your strong arm be my shield from every harm.
When today is done may I look back and see Your hand.
When all my days are spent may Your hand lift me above.


This poem prayer was inspired by John 10:28, No one will snatch them out of my hand.

In this prayer, I reflect that God is holding us in his hand and by his hand he has provided for us blessings, met our needs and given his protection. The goal of our pilgrimage on the earth is to walk it as if we were children holding our Heavenly Father's hand on the path of life; so that he guides us over the rough spots and we enjoy him over the smooth places. We are already in his hand when we come to him through faith in his son Jesus and His atoning death and resurrection. To acknowledge the truth of God's provision, care, and guidance makes us ready to receive it in abundance and to recognize it where we may not have already seen it. We may ask God for guidance and not like the direction he is taking us but we must still live for God, glorify, and serve him. It is safe to put our hands in God's hand to have him move us as he sees fit, not only safe but wise. Our eternal hope is not in the working of the deeds done by our hands but by the piercing of his on the cross where he paid for our sin.

To learn more about having God in your life follow this link: click here.

(c) Adron Dozat