Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FREEDOM, A POEM TO GOD


Freedom
A poem
This is a short freestyle poem about freedom that is written as an act of worship and testimony to God's grace. It expresses that true freedom is found in belonging.

____________________________

Freedom
A Poem to God


I enjoyed an arrogant freedom,
My coming and going was my own.
I recognized no wall around me;
I wore no man’s tin dog tags,
And no fetters held my feet.
I could tread upon any pathway;
Climb the cliffs of my choice,
And sleep upon any shore.
I shared my liberty with no other;
To be unbound was my pride.
Independence was my joy.
Until I met You, Jesus, Savior;
And learned the true liberty
Of being bound by Your love.
Now you are the shore I sleep on;
You became the road I walk,
And the country I dwell in.
Now You are all of my boundaries,
I wear your name around my heart.
Freedom and You became one.
I find glory in that I am Yours.
I am free by belonging to You.


Adron

___________________________

Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my prayer-poem.  
I hope you were inspired by it and that it is a blessing on your day.  
To read another use the search box above or see the left sidebar for my most popular ones. 

Adron.


My poems and prayers are free to print but your small gift will help keep this project going.
Use the buttons below to share this with others. Thank you.

(C) Adron Dozat