These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Prayer For Perseverance May 15

Prayer for Perseverance, Prayer for May 15


The way is long, Dear Father.
And sometimes, I am so weary.
For in the crowd, we struggle
And we bruise one another
In our hurry and passing.
Prayer for the Weary
Let me not forget the goal
In the melee and worry
Of the pilgrimage homeward.
Teach me to be still and trust You *
Renew me with fresh courage,
Gently whisper in my heart
Your encouragement for me;
And a song to cheer my steps
As I take up my burdens.
Give me a light conscience,
Forbid that I should do harm
Through neglect or intention.
May I always be ready
To bring the balm of kindness
To any of Your children.
Grant me the gift of clear sight
That pierces the fog of doubts
And worries of the moment.
Fill my mind with thoughts of Christ,
The Lord who bought victory
And carries me to my rest.
Let me dwell with confidence.
Upon the most ultimate-
The fact of Your boundless love.


* He says, "Be still and know I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the Earth." Psalm 46:10.


To learn more about the way to get to heaven, follow this link: click here.

A little commentary: We will face many times of struggle and defeat in this woeful world. We must resolve to never give up being light and goodness wherever we go. But like the moon has no light of itself, neither do we poor sinners. We only reflect the light of Jesus. We must cleave close to him to communicate his blessing to those around us. We must look to him as our strength to carry on the excellent work.

I hope my little poem/prayer is an inspiration to you, that it blesses your day and gives you something to reflect upon today. 
(c) Adron