These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Openness To God Prayer for June 8

OPENNESS TO GOD, A Prayer for June 8


O Lord, You are ever knocking
At the very door of my soul
Seeking entrance into my life.
Help me to listen for Your voice,
And to open my life to You.
What I want is an open heart;
Where You are admitted always,
Either in sunshine or shadow,
Whether it be happy springtime,
Or the chilling blasts of winter,
May I be open to God.
May I receive You joyfully.
Show me that what I need is You
More than all that You may give me
And You are more than all your gifts.
Help me to remember the fact
It is not trivial to You
To knock with nail-scarred hands-
The purchase price of admission.
So when You knock on my heart, Lord,
May I gladly open to You
And allow You home in my heart
A guest I never wish to lose.



A little commentary:

God desires to be an intimate part of our lives. He is always trying to get our attention and works the circumstances so we will either acknowledge his presence or cry out for it. We must be always willing to bring Jesus into our various activities to let him in. Jesus is worthy of coming in for he died for our sins by being nailed to the cross and enduring the wrath of God. Once Jesus comes into our hearts he will never leave and we would not want him to.

"Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voice and let me in I will come into him and eat with him and he with me." Revelation 2:20.

If you want to know more about letting Jesus into your life a savor follow this link: click here.

© Adron 5/13/12