These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Gift of the Day a Prayer February 3rd

Prayer for Gift of the Day, 
Prayer for February 3rd

My Divine Father and God of my soul,
I begin today with true words of thanks.
Your loving kindness has no point of end.
I'm grateful because You will be with me.
I depend upon you from dawn to night.
Your presence alone is what gives me joy.
Give fearless boldness to my heart and mind,
Cause chorus refrains to come from my heart.
Keep rashness away from all of my acts.
Make kindness abide in my words and thoughts.
And prevent regrets that are born of sin-
But provide guidance to do what is good.
All common duties I do as for You
As living actions that show I love you.
Let living today be my gift to You.
And thereby honor You who gave me life.


I hope you are able to use this short poem prayer as meditation or reflection.  You might want to read it a few times and then bring your own words and thoughts to your prayers. 

(c) A. E. Dozat 1/23/14