These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Prayer To Hear God's Guidance, Prayer for July 1

A PRAYER TO HEAR GOD'S GUIDANCE
Prayer for July 1


My Father God all-knowing,
Your wisdom is my guidance;
Give insight for each moment,
And brighten the dark pathway.
For without Your clear command
I stumble and go astray.
In stillness, I wait patient,
I listen to your whisper*
And follow Your promptings
To direct my heart God-ward.
I'm longing to be closer;
Let nothing keep me away-
Not sinful words or actions.
May oneness with God hallmark
My doing, thoughts, and motives.


This is a simple poem I used a pattern of word syllables to give it rhythm.

The prayer asks God to guide us by speaking to our hearts. We know he has given guidance and principles to live by in the Bible but sometimes we must wait quietly for him to speak to us and prompt us the right way to go. God's guidance will always bring us closer to God the Father through Jesus his son, and to know him better for that is his ultimate purpose. Jesus said, "The work of God is this; to believe in the one he has sent." John 6:29, NIV. 

To learn more about knowing God follow this link: click here.

* 1 Kings 19:12

(c) Adron