These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Prayer For Contentment, Prayer for July 21

A PRAYER FOR CONTENTMENT
A Prayer For July 21

Oh, Lord God, all blessing comes from you,
And it is Your pleasure to give gifts.
But keep me from wanting all that I see.
I need to be content with what You give,
Help me to believe You give the best,
Teach me how to discern needs from wants,
And to trust the measure of Your hand.
At times, You must withhold things I want
But I know Your wisdom guides the way.
Do not let me consume all You send,
For You give these blessings to be shared.
Show me what true treasures I now have,
They, too, are but shadows of the best.
I call on the promises in Your Word,*
That You are what satisfies all my needs.
Wealth does not long endure this short life
But that sent to heaven will not end.



*"But contentment with Godliness is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6, NIV.
*"Keep yourself free from the love of money for he himself has said, 'Never will leave you never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 NIV.
* Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4, NIV

The Lord is what satisfies and we need to learn that he is the one who is the fulfillment of our desires.
We can send treasure in heaven by living lives for the Lord and doing good in his name.(c) Adron 6/22/13