These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Prayer For A Deeper Faith Life - Prayer for June 29

PRAYER FOR A DEEPER FAITH LIFE, Prayer for June 29


Most Gracious Father, Giver of life
My life I gladly offer to You.
Every breath I draw comes from your hand,
I praise You for each moment I live.
Help my faith in You to grow fully,
May I trust You in the darkest night.
Your mercies renew afresh each dawn.
Show me Your will for my life this day.
You know what I need before I ask.
Grant me all that You see what I need.
Be refuge in my trials and want.
Keep me from doubting in Your goodness.
Please shelter me from evil and sin.
Teach me the depths of Your care for me,
That nothing harms me but by Your will;
Give Your peace lest I worry and fear,
That I may freely worship my Lord.
Give me passion in service to You.
Grant joy to me in walking with You,
Lead me to walk the holiest paths.
Please make my heart to be just like Yours
That Jesus' likeness imprints my ways.
In his name- he who gave all for me,
Your Divine Jesus, always my Lord.


A little commentary.
The poem tries to express a desire to experience God deeper in one's life. On one hand we need to affirm the truths we know about God and his goodness toward us and on the other hand we still need to have the attitude of seeking to know God better; prayer is a legitimate avenue to seek to know God better as are service, fellowship with a community of faith, and reading his Word.

To learn more about faith in God follow this link: click here.

(c) Adron