These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Prayer of The Pilgrim, a Prayer for December 18

Prayer Of The Pilgrim, Prayer for December 15


Almighty King and living God,
Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
I rejoice to be Your child.
Look with love and mercy on me,
Keep me in Your loving embrace.
Give grace to resist the devil,
And to stand against all his works.
Lead me away from temptation,
Guard me from the lust of the flesh,
Shield me from the traps of sin.
Keep my path straight through this world.
Make me diligent in my work,
And faithful in my character
Keep me patient under trial,
Calm me when I feel anxious,
Guide me to peace when tested.
In sickness be my healing,
In every weakness be my strength.
Unto you I offer each thought.
May my every word be for You,
And let each act serve You alone,
Be You the blessing of my ways.


It is a simple prayer and full of reliance on God, it is not the prayer of a celebrity leader but of a common person who seeks to live for God in their daily living. It asks God to help us to be faithful to him while being in a world that is not, because we are in the world but not of it.  We want to oppose the evils we see around us, and we also must gain victory over the old sin nature in us, and in this prayer we acknowledge God is the source that overcomes both.

I hope you are encouraged by this little prayer. Meditate on its statements, and pray it in your own words. 

If you are interested in finding God's love follow this link: Click Here.

© Adron