These tabs above will take you to my other projects which might interest you.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Prayer Of The Returning Disciple. Prayer For June 20th

PRAYER OF THE RETURNING DISCIPLE, Prayer for June 20


You, O God, are my Father.
King of all earth and heaven,
Good flows from You alone.
You give grace to the humble,*
In your hand are such blessings-
Of which man is not worthy.
On sin's dark path I stumble,
And far from You I wander;
But I see now and return,
And find that You will forgive
(For Christ made the payment)*
I know your love is waiting
To bless me and to restore.
God of might be my shield,
And guard me from all evil;
Be for me my Good Shepard.
When I face times of testing
I will seek You- my victor.
Guide my hand and my thinking;
May I hear Your voice whisper,
And go where You are leading.
May I put love on display
To guide men who are searching
For the True God worth serving.
May Christ walk with me today
As one would with his brother.



The structure of the poem is that each line has seven syllables and starts with a soft beat and ends with a soft beat each word us one syllable except for the last which is two with as hard soft beat.

To learn more about how Christ made payment for your sins follow this link: click here.

*James 4:6, 1 John 2:1-2

© Adron 5/26/13